Saturday, July 20, 2013

Rise of the Warrior Cop

I called 911 a few months back because a truck pulled into my driveway and became stuck. A group of young men got out and tried to push the truck out, and then walked away, returning with another truck. This happened at 1am in the morning. I asked that a police officer come out and ask who the people were and what they pulled up in my driveway to begin with. I heard loud music from the truck that became stuck.
Long story short, about 30 minutes later a police officer did arrive. I watched from my front porch as he went to the group of young men, say something, and then, leave. I stood astounded. The police officer didn't even walk up to my home, he just left. I called 911 back and had the police officer call me. He told me the young men told them they were just turning around and got stuck.
At 1pm in the morning? Were they drinking, on drugs? Why didn't the police officer walk up to my front porch where I was easily visibly seen and tell me? Instead, he just left.
That was a lesson that let me know dialing 911 was pointless and law enforcement was pathetic. I had to call 911 back and seek answers because the police officer didn't even have the courtesy to walk up to my front porch where he saw me standing and explain to me what the situation was.Instead, he just left.



http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323848804578608040780519904.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

0 comments:

Post a Comment