Monday, August 6, 2012

Thought for today

 John Ch 14 (Complete Jewish Bible)
27 "What I am leaving with you is shalom -- I am giving you my shalom. I don't give the way the world gives. Don't let yourselves be upset or frightened.

I don't speak to my parents nor they to me. I am certain I am not the only one in this relationship with his/her parents. My parents caused a great deal of harm in my life, and even though I could fill pages listing the hurtful and cruel things that have done, I ask myself why? What would be the point? What is done is done; yet there is this lingering anger in me. My desire is to tell my parents just what I truly think of them---however, I fear my words would not be those accepted by my LORD GOD. So I take a deep look inside of myself and see a hot piece of coal that has no positive reason for my life. I must extinguish this coal. But how?
I have worked as a counselor, and trust me, wasting time and money on those that tickle the thoughts and minds for a living, is a complete waste of time and effort. These people, including me at the time, don't know anything except how ignorant they are to think they can truly understand how one thinks, fells and lives. So what path can I take? Simple: Prayer. I'll pray to my LORD GOD, BLESS BE HE, the only ONE who truly understands how I feel, think and live; the ONE who see's the hidden parts of my heart and understands those parts better than my own self.
This does not just apply to a broken relationship with my parents: It applies to every area of my life. My marriage, my children, my home, my work. I'm man enough to say I need my FATHER and I can't make it in this life without HIM. I tried and I failed. I dived headfirst into the pit, let me be the first one to tell you. And it was JESUS CHRIST my RISEN LORD who brought me out of the pit, saved me, forgave me, washed me clean with HIS HOLY ATONING BLOOD, and reconciled me to my HEAVENLY LORD GOD, BLESS BE HE FOREVER. So now when I think I am strong enough to do it alone, figure things out on my own, go it by myself, I remind myself just what my life was before my RISEN LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST truly saved me.
Will I make mistakes? Sure. Will I be angry at times? Sure. Will I mess up? Sure. ONLY JESUS CHRIST our RISEN LORD was PERFECT. I am nothing but a sinner saved by the GRACE OF MY LOVING TRUE LORD GOD and through that PRECIOUS SAVING GRACE, I am saved by JESUS CHRIST my RISEN LORD, THE RISEN ETERNAL SAVIOR, LORD AND KING OF ALL CREATION.
So when I think my emotions might get the better of me and my mouth my run away with me, I pause, take a deep breath, and seek the LORD and HIS HOLY WAYS, not my own. Easier said than done at times, but needed all the time!
So whatever you're dealing with in your life that has created a hot coal deep within you, take it to prayer and let the LORD extinguish that hot coal. Otherwise, it'll just turn into a raging flame and consume you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment